Geschichte Logo Hotel Rössli  



A look at the history of Hotel Rössli

Today’s Hotel Rössli is owned by the Admirat family. Jean-Louis & Hanny Admirat-Seiler bought the then hotel restaurant in the old quarter of Unterseen in 1979.

Documentation only reaches back to 1872, as the locale – at that time called Herberge zum Sternen – was destroyed by fire and earlier papers on the building were lost to the flames. However, it can be assumed that the foundations of the building date back several centuries.

Today’s Rössli has had a variety of uses. One was as a shelter for poor people and families fallen on hard times in the last century. The costs were shared by the municipalities involved. A storage barn, workshop, pig sty and bakery also existed in and around the earlier building.


The Hotel Rössli changed hands several times during the 20th century, but now for the first time in its history, it has been taken over by a second generation.
History1History2 History Hotel Rössli History Hotel Rössli History Hotel Rössli History Hotel Rössli History Hotel Rössli History Hotel Rössli

Interesting historic data:

1825 –  Construction of the Lake Thun road, Spiez –
Leissigen – Unterseen on southern lakeshore
1833 –  Founding of today’s municipality of Unterseen
1835 –  First steamship services on Lake Thun
1843 –  First steamship services on Lake Brienz
1844 –  Unterseen church converted into hall church with church organ
1855 –  Unterseen town gate near the hotel demolished
1882 –  Construction of Lake Thun road, Neuhaus – Merligen on northern lakeshore
1892 –  Construction of Lake Thun – Interlaken West shipping canal, cutting off
direct access to Unterseen from Spiez
1893 –  Construction of Bahnhofstrasse Unterseen
1893 –  Opening of Schynige Platte Railway
1908 –  Opening of Harder Railway
1912 –  Opening of Jungfrau Railway (Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch)
1967 –  Opening of Schilthorn aerial cableway (Mürren to Schilthorn)



Hotel Rössli






Reservation enquiry

Excursions / Links





Hotel Rössli Family Admirat Hauptstrasse 10 CH-3800 Unterseen Tel. +41 (0)33 822 78 16

German English French Chinese